My Family

My Family

Monday, September 28, 2009

CVS

So, I made my second trip of my new fun thing to do...CVSing :). There are so many deals to be made at these stores that I just never knew about. My new favorite blog to read is Southern Savers. This girl has everything you need to learn about saving money at many stores. She even tells you what coupons to use and sometimes links to print them. Love it!
So last week I did pretty well, but I did even better this week. I had 10 dollars of ECB's (which is like money) and also a 5 off of 25 coupon. I also had clipped coupons for every item that I was buying in the store. My new thing is to have a list when I go to a store and try to stick to it. I am bad about picking up random things that makes my bill so much higher.
Anyway, I got my items which were tide, dawn, and expensive vaseline lotion, some new cool breeze razors,2 bags of halloween candy, scope mouthwash. My total after my coupons was 26 and I used my 10 ECBs to make it 16 dollars I had to pay. But, I earned 13.50 in ECB's on this trip so that actually makes it like I only spent $2.50 on this trip. So several hours of research and my total is $2.50. How exciting is that :).

2 comments:

  1. Oh. I'm jealous! I want to learn to do this but it is intimidating! There is another blog for around here that is www.bargainbuggyblog.blogspot.com. She does that kind of thing too. I am going to check yours out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cara, that is awesome. I never shop at cvs. I think I will start checking the sale papers. I am horrible about coupons. I clip them and then the grocery trip gets so hectic I forget to use them checking out. This post was inspiring. I will do better!!!!

    ReplyDelete