My Family

My Family

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Cohen...

Ok so I promise we have been doing plenty around here, I have just been a major slacker with the blogging. Life has been super busy, but in good ways! My baby boy, Cohen is just progressing by leaps and bounds. We are amazed everyday by the progress we are seeing with him. The phrases are increasing. They are short and sweet but he is able to communicate with us. Some things that I have seen this past month that have progressed are him taking off clothes (by himself) and attempting to dress himself. Some of the outfits are pretty funny. He always chooses shorts and tries them on upside down, but atleast he tries :). Clay and I thought for a while now that Cohen has had an obsession with Apples. He does love to eat them, but he is always saying "My Apple, My Apple." So, we give him an apple of course. Break through...I now know he is talking about the I-pad because there is an apple on it. :) No wonder he looked at us like we were crazy always feeding him apples. Help has arrived and we are ever so thankful. My schedule has filled up so much, it's a little over whelming. Oh well for the Bible study group I wanted to join..mornings are filling Super Fast. Cohen will be starting school next week across town. He will go 5 days a week for 2 1/2 hours a day. I met his teacher last week and saw his classroom. It is Amazing. Lots of centers, scheduled very well, music, and even therapies. He will love it I am sure. We will still have his Occupational and Speech therapies 2 days a week in the mornings. And now we will be starting in home help with the Easter Seals. They will be coming to help me with teaching and working with Cohen 6 hours a week. We are so blessed and feel so lucky to have such wonderful people in our lives!

2 comments:

  1. You are super fortunate to have so much help. So proud of how far he has come!!

    ReplyDelete