My Family

My Family

Monday, September 13, 2010

Our Scare


So we had a fun Labor Day weekend until the very end!! I was feeling a little sick (stomach bug). So Clay kept the boys outside a lot, thankfully we had beautiful weather! They had played hard and just left the swing set on their way down to the house. Cooper and Cohen had gone to the side yard and Clay was catching up with them. Mobie was doing her crazy sprints she does when the weather is nice. She is 11 and we think she can't see so well anymore! (now we really do) She ran straight into Cooper's back and he slammed into a tree face first. Clay came yelling in the house for me to get out there and the first thing I see is my Cooper covered in blood and Clay covered in it as well. Cooper is yelling for Mommy to help and Clay just wants me to handle Cohen. We decided to call 911 because we just didn't know what to do. We got the bleeding to slow down and cleaned him up. By the time the firemen arrived at the house (who were wonderful) we had really gotten things under control. It's just hard to know what call to make when you see your baby in that kind of distress. Clay took Cooper to the ER and he had to spend a long evening waiting for help. I packed him a bag of books, toys and snacks. Clay said he was really good and they read the books over and over. I am just glad my baby is ok and am so thankful for all of the prayers we received while waiting. The picture I am attaching does not show how bad he looked that night. He had a fat lip and the inside is where the main cut was.

1 comment:

  1. OUCH! and its always scary when faces bleed - they bleed a lot!

    ReplyDelete