My Family

My Family

Monday, July 19, 2010

Blueberry Banana Bread

I got this recipe off of another blog and had to try it! We had it this morning and it was quite yummy! I thought I would share..especially for my bread loving sister in law :).

2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup sugar
3 tbsp vegetable oil
2 large ripe bananas (about 1 1/4 cups)
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/3 cups blueberries

Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour a 9x5 loaf pan. In a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
In a large blow, whisk together sugar, vegetable oil, egg, vanilla and mashed bananas until smooth. Add in flour mixture and stir until just combined and no streaks of flour remain. Fold in blueberries with a spoon or spatula, then pour batter into prepared pan.
Bake for 60 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with only a few moist crumbs. Cool bread for 10 minutes, then turn onto wire rack. Makes 1 loaf.

Next time I would probably add some walnuts or pecans and also double recipe so I could freeze one. Very good though!

1 comment: